Located at ul. Długa 12 in Gdansk, it is the only tenement house in Poland and one of a few in Europe dating back to the 18th century and open tourists. It constitutes a distinctive and unique Museum of Burgher Interiors. The Johann Uphagen house includes residential and utility rooms. At the same time, it is one of a few tenement houses in Gdansk restored to its original length after the war, a wonderful example of original and interesting construction of Gdansk houses. While walking around its interiors, recreated to the very last detail, you will feel as if you travelled back to the end of the 18th century.
ul. Długa 12
+48 58 301 23 71
A visit to Gdansk would not be complete without visiting the Amber Museum. Gdansk is the capital city of this beautiful stone. The museum tells the story of the origins of amber, its properties, extraction and its processing throughout the centuries, from the ancient times to modernity. It features a unique collection of natural specimens – a priceless selection of natural amber forms, including large lumps, plant and animal inclusions, unique colours and shades, as well as various fossilised resins that can be found across the globe.
ul.Targ Węglowy 26
+48 58 301 47 33
This is one of the most impressive monuments located by the Royal Tract in Gdansk. Formerly, it was a meeting place for merchants. It housed meetings, balls and events, and later it was adopted for the purposes of the grain exchange. The Artus Court complex includes: a ground floor of two connected tenement houses called the Old Board House, the Artus Court proper and the New Board House. The Court hides an uncommon artefact – a reconstructed tile stove of 11 metres high called the “king of all stoves”.
ul. Długi Targ 43/44
+48 58 76 79 180
The Main Town Hall is a Gothic and Renaissance building situated at the junction of ul. Długa and Długi Targ. Its construction overlooks the Royal Road, the most representative tract of the historic part of the city. The most important parts of the Town Hall, housing a permanent exhibition, are: the Hall, the White Room and the Red Room. In high season, for an additional fee of PLN 5, tourists can climb up on to the roof walk in the tower. Located about 50 m above ground, from here you can admire the magnificent panorama of Gdansk.
ul. Długa 46/47
+48 58 767 91 00
Guardhouse no. 1 on Westerplatte is one of the six guardhouses erected in the 1930s. Visit the key Polish defence post during the entire period of the Battle for Westerplatte. At the moment, it is the only Polish post on Westerplatte available for tourists. Inside there are numerous memorabilia of the Military Transit Depot and its Defenders.
ul. Mjr. H. Sucharskiego
+48 58 76 79 164
Three historic granaries: “Maiden”, “Copper” and “Oliwa” are the seat of the Museum. Their interiors host the “Poles at the seas of the globe” exhibition, presenting the maritime history of the Commonwealth from the medieval period until now. The most interesting artefacts are: the cargo of the “Copper” medieval merchant vessel, as well as artillery, equipment and the personal belongings of sailors from the Swiss “Solen” warship, which sunk in the Gdanska Bay during the battle of Oliwa in 1627. Moreover, the museum features various types of ships and vessels, as well as the Maritime Gallery with works of such artists as: Ajwazowski, Ruszczyc, and Malczewski.
ul. Ołowianka 9-13
+48 58 301 86 11 / +48 58 301 84 53
The most beautiful Polish three-mast ship, also called the “White Frigate”, has been associated with Gdynia since 1929. After 52 years in service, “Dar Pomorza” completed 105 travels, calling at 383 ports and was the place of training for almost 14 thousand Polish merchant navy officers. In 1982 “Dar Pomorza” was withdrawn from service and since then it has been a museum ship. It contains perfectly preserved rooms with their interiors dating back to 1909, including the engine room, the officers’ mess, cadet berths, the navigation room and the commandant’s quarters.
ul. al. Jana Pawła II
+48 58 620 23 71 / +48 58 620 24 77
It is the first seagoing vessel built in the Polish shipyard after the Second World War. The coal and ore freighter completed in the Gdansk Shipyard had a unique welded and bolted form, sailing under the Polish flag from 1949 until 1980. During 1479 cruises the ship transported over 3.5 million tons of goods, mostly coal and iron ore, calling at 60 harbours. At the end of 1980, the “Sołdek” was withdrawn from service by Polish Maritime Shipping and since 1985 it has been a ship museum. While visiting the “Sołdek” you can enter almost all the rooms of this historic steamer, such as the engine room, the officers’ and sailors’ quarters, as well as the captain’s bridge.
ul. Ołowianka 9-13
+48 58 301 86 11 w.327
The Crane is one of the landmarks of Gdansk and the oldest preserved harbour crane in Europe. It was constructed between 1442 and 1444 in the form of two brick towers with a wooden crane mechanism installed between them. It served as a reloading crane, a defensive construction and the city gate. The Crane hosts an exhibition on the life of the harbour city between the 16th and 18th century. After having walked up the narrow, wooden steps to the highest floor of the Crane, which is about 27 m above ground, tourists can admire the panorama of the Motława river, Ołowianka Island, Granary Island and the yachts moored in the marina.
ul. Szeroka 67/68
+48 58 301 69 38
The museum’s pride is the “Last Judgement” triptych by Hans Memling (1433–1494), one of the major art pieces of 15th century European art. Moreover, the branch also presents the collections of Gdansk and Netherlander paintings, gold jewellery, pottery, as well as Gdansk and north European furniture dating back to the 16th and 18th century. All these items are available to see during permanent exhibitions, as well as numerous temporary exhibitions under various themes.
ul. Toruńska 1
+48 58 301 70 61
The Green Gate, constructed in the 1560s, is the most representative among the Gdansk gates. Nowadays, it is the home of culture. Two main rooms of the building were adapted as exhibition halls and contain temporary exhibitions of historic and modern Polish and foreign art. The building also houses the Gdansk Gallery of Photography. Its collection, built up over the years, encompasses over 8,000 paper photos, negatives and reversal films with the oldest dating back to the 2nd half of the 19th century.
ul. Długi Targ 24
+48 58 307 59 12
The branch is located in the historic Abbot Palace in Oliwa Park. The trademark of the collection is the Permanent Gallery of Polish Modern Art, being one of a few similar permanent expositions in Poland. It features works of such artists as: Olga Boznańska, Józef Pankiewicz, Artur Nach-Samborski, Antoni Suchanek, Marian Mokwa, Piotr Uklański and Lech Majewski. Moreover, the museum also presents artistic pottery and sculpture.
ul. Cystersów 18
+48 58 552 12 71
The museum is located in the historic Abbot Granary, which dates back to 1723. Nowadays, the building hosts a permanent exhibition of rustic art from Pomerania. Due to the significant ethnographic and cultural diversity of this area, the museum shows artefacts reflecting the material, social and spiritual culture of such ethnic minorities as the Kashubia and Kociewska cultures or those from the area of the Tuchola Forest, the Lower Powiśle and the Żuławy Wiślane.
ul. Cystersów 19
+48 58 552 12 71 w. 104
The museum is located in one of the largest and the most impressive tenement houses by the Motława river. It houses permanent exhibitions on the prehistory of Pomerania (including face urns and jewellery dating back to the first centuries A.D.) and archaeological evidence of over 1,000 years of history of Gdansk. An exceptional attraction of the Naturalist House is the vantage point overlooking St. Mary’s Church and the Motława river with vessels moored on Ołowianka Island.
ul. Mariacka 25/26
+48 58 32 22 100
It is the youngest branch of the museum, located in the oldest interior preserved in Gdansk, the 13th century cellar of the Dominican Order, which once served as a canteen and kitchen for the order. The Roman Cellar, together with the neighbouring market hall containing the exhibition of the foundation of the Roman Church of St. Nicholas, presents the oldest monuments of brick architecture in Gdansk. The former rooms of the cloister are accessible via a pavilion located in Dominikański Square. The main attraction is the refectory, its mostly originally preserved walls and the system of vaults.
ul. Pl. Dominikański 1
It is one of the oldest spots in Tricity, located in the northern and quiet, forested part of Sopot. It was established on a fort dated from the 9th-10th century with its embankments in the shape of an anvil and a moat, which is still preserved. The layout of the reconstructed buildings (cottages, palisade, gates) corresponds to that of many centuries ago, according to the results of excavation works. The pavilion, at the foot of the hill, houses a temporary exhibition room and a permanent exhibition on the oldest history of Sopot.
ul. Haffnera 63
+48 58 340 66 00
It is the only historical building on Granary Island, which survived the last war in reasonably good condition. It houses the results of long-term excavation works conducted by the museum in the city. Its definite asset is the reconstruction of a medieval street of the Hanseatic Gdansk with merchant stalls, workshops and figures of its residents. The atmosphere of the then city is reflected by the hustle and bustle of the street, as well as the sounds of craftsmen at work, the surrounding smells and half-lit interiors. We have an attraction for the little ones as well, an archaeological sandbox full of artefacts just waiting to be discovered!
ul. Chmielna 53
+48 58 320 31 88
Opened in 1894, today it is known as the most beautiful, most attractive and best furnished lighthouse on the Polish coast and one of the most beautiful lighthouses in Europe. As legend has it, it is the twin sister of the most beautiful American lighthouse in Cleveland, Ohio. From the beginning, the top has had a "time ball" which allowed for precise setting of marine chronometers. That was the spot from which on 1 September 1939 the Germans took the first shots in the WWII towards the Westerplatte peninsula. It was closed and abandoned in 1984. A Pole from Canada bought it in 2001, and, following a major refurbishment, he opened it as a museum in 2004. Its Time Ball was restored in 2008. In 2010, the lighthouse was named the Well-Cared For Monument. You can view the landscapes as far as Hel, the Westerplatte and the Wisłoujście Fortress from the lighthouse and inside you can see a marvellous exhibition of the Canadian lighthouses.
ul. Przemysłowa 6a,
Gdańsk - Nowy Port
It is definitely one of the most important tourist attractions in Gdansk. The Gdansk ZOO is a wonderful place to spend quality time with children or take a romantic walk. The facility covers an area of 136 ha and is located at the edge of the Tricity Landscape Park. It is inhabited by animals from all continents, including those, which do not live in the wild any more. This is the only place where you can see bongo antelopes, Arabian oryxes, pygmy hippopotamuses and scavenger Andean condors. In total, the ZOO houses about 190 species, which is more than 1,000 animals!
ul. Karwieńska 3
80-328 Gdańsk - Oliwa
+48 58 552 00 41/42
The amber stadium is an amazing construction and visiting it guarantees adrenaline for all of its visitors. While visiting the stadium you can discover places that are usually inaccessible, such as football lockers, the conference room and the edges of the turf. What is more, inside there is the FUN ARENA sports and leisure centre. You can burn off excessive energy by jumping in the trampoline park, drive go-karts or try to get out of a room full of puzzles and riddles.
ul. Pokoleń Lechii Gdańsk 1
+48 58 76 88 444
The ECS is a modern cultural institution, which preserves the memory of our greatest civic success – the victory of Solidarity. This place commemorates the Solidarity revolution and the fall of Communism in Europe but, at the same time, it constitutes an educational facility, a research and development centre, a library and a multimedia library, a public space – a meeting venue for citizens. The heart of the building is its permanent exhibition, dedicated to the history of Solidarity and resistance, which led to democratic transformations across Middle and Eastern Europe.
pl. Solidarności 1
+48 58 772 41 12
Ahoy, landlubbers! Welcome on board of the Black Pearl where you can experience unique 90-minute cruises to the Westerplatte peninsula. We sail every day from the Long Waterfront at 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 and 19:00. Every cruise has numerous additional attractions such as story-telling about the most interesting places or the shanty music concert. Our galleon has a restaurant with delicious victuals and a bar laden with liquors. Don’t hesitate and sail with us: you can’t miss such an adventure!
Gdańsk, Długie Pobrzeże w pobliżu Zielonej Bramy
+48 519 140 201
Do you want to spend an active time in Gdansk while listening about its history and fun facts connected with the city? Use our guided tours around: the Main Town, the Old Town, defensive and medieval fortifications of Gdansk, Westerplatte, Oliwa, Sopot, Gdynia, the Freedom Trail, the Famous Nobel Prize Winners Trail. All you have to do is to get to the PTTK point at ul. Długa 45 or make a booking via telephone. Guided tours are organised at 11.00, 13.00 and 15.00 from May to September, and in low season – at 14.00.
Ul. Długa 45
+48 58 301 60 96
See Gdansk from a different perspective! London has its London eye, Las Vegas its High Roller, Singapore its Singapore Flyer, and Gdansk – AmberSky! The observation wheel, 50 meters above sea level, is a new, thrilling quality way of sightseeing Gdansk in a nutshell. The Ferris wheel, located on Granary Island, gives you a new way of experiencing the city’s attractions. Climbing over the roofs of Gdansk, residents and tourists can admire the historic part of the city, the amber stadium and the shipyard with historic cranes. The ride takes about 15 minutes.
ul. Pożarnicza, Wyspa Spichrzów
+48 666 378 980
The restaurant offers an ambient and spacious interior, ideally matching the architectonic style and character of the European Solidarity Centre. The menu features both European and Old-Danzig meals, inspired by seasonal products and the seasons of the year. The chef, Kamil Hildebrand, reinvents recipes from old cook books offering the guests interesting and often intriguing dishes. Gourmands praise his beef cheeks in red wine with vegetables or ham hock stewed in cider. Tourist Card holders are entitled to 20% discount on selected dishes from the menu.
ul. Plac Solidarności 1
+48 666 368 334
The restaurant is located on the 4th floor of the Maritime Culture Centre, in the heart of the Main Town. A major attraction, especially in high season, is the possibility of having a feast on the terrace overlooking the medieval harbour, see the Gdansk Crane from a totally different angle or gaze at the tourist ships passing by and the yachts moored in the marina. The restaurant offers a bonus for Tourist Card holders – 20% discount on the entire amount of the bill.
ul. Tokarska 21-25
+48 58 329 87 25
The restaurant’s speciality is its original menu, offering an invitation to fusion cuisine. Like Gdansk, the place derives from the richness and diversity of ingredients from across the globe, innovatively blending them with Polish products. Traditional international cuisine recipes are an inspiration for creating a new and unique version of particular dishes based on original flavour and simplicity. Proof of the restaurant’s popularity is the fact that in 2016 it received the distinction of being awarded one toque by the influential Gault & Millau restaurant guide. Holders of the Tourist Card are entitled to 20% discount on selected dishes from the menu.
ul. Ołowianka 1
+ 48 58 323 83 58
The Eliksir is a unique place in Tricity – a combination of a restaurant, cocktail bar and event space. The main theme behind it is foodpairing, i.e. serving perfectly balanced and prepared meals by properly selecting the flavours of foods and drinks that go well together. The Eliksir is the fruit of the efforts of chefs and bartenders, with the flavour of all meals and cocktails reflecting their passion, craftsmanship and creativity.
ul. M. Hemara 1
+ 48 570 191 910
The combination of the historic, unaltered exterior of the building and the transformation on the inside creates a truly amazing effect. With the eclectic interiors, original architectural structure and innovative design choices, Bunkier is a new space for culture and a reclaimed tourist attraction for the city. The Tourist Card entitles its holders to 20% discount on all drinks served at the bar (alcoholic / non-alcoholic) and 10% discount on original dishes from the menu.
ul. Olejarna 3
+48 530 917 788
Pub T29, located at the Energa Gdansk Stadium, is the perfect spot for traditional lunches during work, a family dinner or a nice evening with friends. The menu offers both traditional Polish dishes, as well as European cuisine. Fans seeking adrenaline can find the perfect conditions here to watch matches while enjoying tasty refreshments and original snacks.
ul. Pokoleń Lechii Gdańsk 1
+48 58 768 83 60
The original yet classical interiors of the Senso Restaurant & Bar are the perfect venue both for a business meeting or an evening with family and friends. Exquisite flavours, an uncommon blend of ingredients and the richness of aromas are excellent highlights of our modern cuisine. The menu contains examples of European cuisine, vegetarian dishes and for those with allergies, as well as special meals offered by the Scandic hotel chain. Tourist Card holders are entitle to 15% discount on selected dishes from the menu.
Podwale Grodzkie Street 9
58 300 60 06
This Sopot restaurant is a recipe for the best enjoyment! If you are fond of good flavours and exceptional interiors, you will definitely love the place. Located off the beaten track, shielded by the Tricity forest, a wooden cottage with a garden creates a truly exceptional atmosphere with delicious meals prepared from fresh bio products and exquisite wines from all over the world.
Generała Józefa Wybickiego Street 48
58 719 65 69
A restaurant and a cocktail bar under one roof, located in the heart of the Main Town. What is there to be said about its cuisine? Surely, it is created by individuals with passion and an unconventional approach. Originality, seasonal products, the best possible quality and attention to detail are the main assets of Long Street 52. The chefs and cooks are doing the best they can and the bartenders do not fall behind. Their speciality is cocktails but they will enchant you with fruit smoothies, traditionally made liqueurs or lemonade from fresh citrus fruit. And beer? American Pale Ale, White Ipa, Roeselare Ale Blend are just an example of the beers available.
Długa Street 52
+ 48 727 237 267
The Corrèze offers delicious Mediterranean cuisine with a French twist. We serve seafood, fish and beef from reliable French providers. Our speciality is also freshly baked breads, baguettes and delicious meringue cake. Wines selected by a sommelier, served with fondue made with Raclette and Gruyère, are the perfect complement of the meal.
Stara Stocznia Street 2/7
+58 719 60 60
+ 48 792 595 969